4.06.2009

Hello & Goodbye

So 2 Saturdays ago we bought a fish and all of the supplies from Petsmart.

Pretty blue.

Named him Cougar.

1 Saturday ago, he died after a two day struggle to get to and stay at the bottom of the tank (he would try to go down, get half way there then just float back up... it was sad to witness).

Saturday night after ice cream following the priesthood session of conference, we saw him...

Floating.

Belly up.

Non responsive to tapping and moving his bowl.

It was sad to see. It is always sad (for some)* when pets die (even though it was just a fish and had our landlord found out, we would have played the "but fish are not pets cards" real quick).

Here are pictures of the deceased....

*the see note section: others response to the death of the dear fish Cougar...Kenny- found it humorous and admitted to the desire of wanting to flush it on Friday....My mom, Aunt Jennifer, Chris, and Jessica- laughed hysterically without end....The Rigby's- offered to make me sushi

We (mostly, I) will miss you Cougar, you were fun to watch for the week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur so funny! I remember when we got a beta fish for a sunbeam class lesson type thing. We were hoping one of the families would want to take it home but no...Then the fish would not die. But when he did finally pass away Jason and I felt bad for being so mean about him.

lizzy-loo said...

your mom has a habit of laughing at misfortunes. i once hit a dog with my car and she laughed her head off, maybe because this followed the bird flying into my windshield and decapitating itself. bronwyn had a beta fish that just lived forever - we had to leave it behind with a move but i think he may be still alive!

kel said...

okay, okay, as I read the post and look at the pictures, I do feel some remorse about the passing of Cougar. I am sorry I laughed. I will be flushing a carnation in his honor tomorrow at noon. Just kidding .... it is sad when anything dies. Mom ...who is not an actual animal hater!

Also lets try to ignore lizzy loos comment I am sure there is more to her stories than she can possibly fit in her small comment space. I was not laughing about the dog being hit but to her presentation to the dog being hit? Hmmm it was so long ago. I did not laugh when she ran over a house, see I can draw the line somewhere.

Judith said...

Awww, that is so sad. He was so pretty. Hmmm when I flushed a while ago a carnation came up into the bowl. hmmmm
Grammy

KYLE FAMILY said...

oh no! poor little Cougar! He was a good looking fish....
xxoo