12.07.2010

Christmas Must Haves

I love Christmas time. It is truly a beautiful time of year! I love the lights, glitter, holiday cheer, drinking hot chocolate, the smells of Christmas-trees, gingerbread cookies, and candy canes- wrapping paper and pretty bows, fires in the fireplace, the music (especially my ALL TIME favorite song, I want a hippopotamus for Christmas), the joy that can be seen on the faces of little children running wildly through the toy store, and the madness that can be seen on the faces of their parents.


But ultimately, Christmas time means...

CANDY CANE TOOTSIE POPS!

Guys, these suckers are SO SO SO stinking good! A Tootsie Roll encased in a peppermint sucker. YUM!!!! I love peppermints in all forms. It is one of my favorite things about Sonic, eating a peppermint while drinking a cherry limeade. And you just can't ever beat a tootsie roll. So clearly, this combination makes the ULTIMATE sucker!

My mom and I discovered them when I was in maybe the eighth grade and we have gotten them every Christmas since... except for Christmas 4 years ago.

Sadly, we could not find them anywhere. We seriously looked in every candy aisle we could find and came away empty handed every single time. That Christmas scarred me! And you may laugh, but it is true. I have not handled the suckers the same since.

Before the infamous Christmas, my mom and I would go through maybe one to two bags max the entire Christmas season; whereas now, I buy two bags every time I go to Target (but shh, don't tell Kenny). Blessed Target! That is where you get them. It is the only place that has consistently had them year after year. Love Target, and I go there A LOT... so we have gone through a lot of suckers already this year and I just bought more today.

I blame that infamous Christmas without for my craze. When you are forced to go without, you realize and appreciate what you had. I promised myself that I would never take these suckers for granted again; hence, we are now on bag #6.

That is how good these suckers are... 6 bags and it is only the 7th of December. WOW... I just realized how crazy and obsessed that makes me sound. Makes me a little worried for myself... but don't fret, I am not worried enough to stop eating them or stocking up once Christmas is over. They are just that good!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I remember when you introduced me to those! Now, everytime I eat/see/think about those suckers - I think of you! :)

Anonymous said...

I wanna try those!

Katie said...

I hope you have some of those left next week when Brian and I are there!