2.02.2011

Zoo Days

So on Saturday Kenny, Harper, Riley, Cole, Sam (a friend of Riley's), and I all went to the Dallas Zoo. We had so much fun! I absolutely love the zoo! It is the place I would choose to go over and over again. Family activity... let's go to the zoo. I even want to take our family pictures at the zoo...it woul be cute,right!? But Kenny is still needing to be convinced.
My infatuation with the zoo comes from my love of giraffes. I love love love giraffes! They are my favorite animals. They are just so graceful and regal. I could watch them for hours! Plus, there tongues are stinking hilarious! So long they can completely wrap around their whole face and lick the other side. Just love them! And I will admit this was my thought process as we were at the giraffe's area... Maybe if I drop something (like a kid) down there, they will let me go down and get it (or them) out and then I could play with the giraffes. Seriously, that is what I thought... love right?! But you all will be happy to know that, fortunately (or unfortunately... I am still not sure yet) common sense overcame me and I did not drop a kid down.
But anyways, here are pictures of the zoo!

We rode the train down to the zoo... Harper LOVED looking out the window, watching everything go by.

The Dallas Zoo has totally redone their exhibits since the last time I was there! They were awesome! You could get so much closer to the animals and there exhibits were so much more spacious and roomy for the animals so we got to see them be much more playful!


Cute Uncle Cole!

The kids... none of which got thrown into the giraffe exhibit. :)


Being goofy


GIRAFFES!!!!


It was the perfect day to go to the zoo! It was low 70's all day long! We had a great time!

Worn out!


Super cool Riley with the Super Cool Penguins

We are so glad when daddy is home !

1 comments:

Sheila said...

You have THE cutest family and THE CUTEST little girl ever!!! Harper is stinkin adorable (takes after her ma) and reading your blog always makes me miss you so much. I love your crazy brain.